How much does our service cost?
Our service is 100% free to you!
How do we get paid?
The apartments pay us a referral fee out of their advertising budget. Our agents work on a commission basis only, so it is important that you let the property know Dana at 1 Source Apartment Locators referred you. Using a locator will not affect your rent specials or rent amount in any way. In fact, sometimes we can get you a better deal.
I’m relocating from another city/state, and am unfamiliar with the DFW area. Do you have any relocation information I can check out?
Yes. Our Residential Real Estate company has a comprehensive relocation guide – CLICK HERE to read more
Can you help me find a rental house instead of an apartment?
It depends on your budget and desired location. Most rent homes start around $2000 a month and go up from there and will require a full months deposit. Contact us if you would like us to check rental homes.
Am I required to schedule an appointment with you to visit properties?
No. You are free to visit properties at your convenience. Because these are apartment communities, leasing agents at the properties will take you on your tours. If you need assistance, contact me to discuss possibly escorting you to the properties.
I have a broken lease/eviction/apartment debt. Can you still help me find a place?
Yes, but your choices of places that will work with you will be limited depending on the issues you have. There are ‘Second Chance’ communities throughout the Metroplex, however, each property will have its own set of requirements when reviewing this particular credit issue. Contact me to review your needs.
Why do I need to list my agent as the referral source on my guest card & application?
Most properties in the DFW area pay licensed agents a referral fee out of their advertising budget when we bring them a client. In order for them to pay a commission to your agent, they require you to write me (Dana Dahlen at 1 Source Apartments) as your referral source on both the guest card and your application. I work on 100% commissions, and without your referral, I am not paid for the work that I did for you.
What are the lease rewards?
I provide $50-$150 in dining dough gift certificates depending on your lease amount that can be redeemed at http://www.diningdough.com/. They offer hundreds of local restaurants on their website and you can chose certificates anywhere from $10 to $100 off. We also offer a cash reward or move assistance as well.
Does your company offer a free move?
The so called free moves that some companies offer are almost never free and have way too many strings attached. They have a minimum rental rate and charge extra fees for a lot of the items that need to be moved. They also do not offer the level of service I can provide. We have negotiated a discounted rate with professional movers that can move you for a flat fee of $60 – $70 an hour (trip fee may apply depending on location). Get a reliable mover for a great rate and get better service. I’m sure you have heard horror stories regarding disreputable moving companies? Why not use a recommended company? If you are concerned about moving contact Dana to discuss your options.
* Disclaimer: Client is responsible for reimbursing 1 Source Locators for move costs if property declines payment of our referral commission or client moves to a different property without contacting Dana at 1 Source Locators first. Cancelled or rescheduled moves may be subject to a cancellation fee and client’s responsibility to book their own movers (we will still offer cash reward in this case).
Do you offer any other rewards?
We run different promotions. Check with Dana to see if there are any current promotions that might fit your needs.
How do I get the lease reward?
In order to qualify for the lease reward you MUST do the following:
- Write Dana Dahlen @ 1 Source Locators on ALL guest cards and on your rental application where you lease.
- No other referral source may be used to qualify for a lease reward.
- Sign a 12 month or longer lease, with a participating property. This is a property that works with 1 Source Locators and pays locators a referral fee equal to 50% of 1 months rent or higher.
- Rent amount must be at least $1000 after property concessions to qualify for up to $150 dining gift card or up to $100 cash reward. For 2-hour free move, rent must be $1000 or higher after property concessions.
- Rents under $1000 and properties that pay flat fees are still eligible for a lease reward. Please ask Dana about your options.
- Notify Dana once your rental application has been approved.
- Will match offers from other locating companies. Offer must be presented in writing to Dana in order to match.
- Clients with previous rental issues will not qualify for the move incentive. We can still offer a cash reward or dining gift card.
- Referrals will receive a $50 gift card. Clients referred by a friend may not be subject to a lease reward.
1 Source Locators reserves the right to disqualify the reward for the following reasons:
- The apartment refuses to pay 1 Source Locators our full referral fee.
- Failure to follow the requirements to qualify for a rebate.
- Rent Amount is less than $800.
*1 Source Apartments will pay one lease reward when allowed by law. Reward is paid once property pays our referral fee. It typically takes between 30-90 days for us to receive payment, but sometimes can take longer. If you have any questions please call Dana at 214-396-6371.